Friday, April 27, 2007

An Update on Us

Well, I'm just about finished with my first semester of grad school. Honestly, I didn't think I'd make it through this week without a breakdown. Kudos! to Jeremy for washing the dishes and not complaining that I hadn't for my last three turns. I just have a little bit of tidying up to do, and then I'll be enjoying my nice, week-long break until Summer classes start. Can you feel my enthusiasm?

My advisor at school is hiring me as 'General Factotum' (is that redundant?) at CNU this summer. NASA is also trying to keep me on part-time, so I'll be a busy bumblebee yet again with two jobs and three courses. I am still anticipating an easier semester than the hellish one I just went through.

Jeremy and I are waiting for the Navy to realize how great he is and take him on as an officer. He's got his Fitness test this Saturday. He's anxious about it, but I know he'll do fine. In the meantime, he's still programming away at work. He's such a geek sometimes, but I love him.

We just joined a gym. It's lots of fun! While Jeremy is off half-killing himself to prepare for the Navy, I've been taking Tai Chi classes. I'm really enjoying them, and I'd like to stick with it. What a great way to start the day!

We're getting ready to move into our new townhouse next month. I'm very excited! We've outgrown the tiny apartment we're wedged into now. This new place will be much more like a home. We'll have an address that doesn't have an apartment letter (like 2B) in it. I also love to move. One of my favorite things to do is to re-decorate!

Toby, one of our beloved ferrets, is sick. He's got insulinoma, and he's not really responding to the medicine we have to cram down his throat twice a day. Poor little guy...I don't think he knows that it helps him. He just sees it as a punishment. We've noticed some improvement in his play, but his blood glucose levels are still pretty low. Basil, our other cute ferret, is fine.

Jeremy and I are going to the Langley Air Show tomorrow. Jeremy's never been to one, but I went last year. It should be a super fun day! I'll post some photos if I remember to bring the camera.

No comments: