Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Life after Harry Potter...

Is there life after Harry Potter? I confess; I anxiously awaited the final installment of the series. I pre-ordered my copy. I speculated and theorized with my fellow HP fans. I read the last book in less than ten hours, greedily pouring over it's chapters while unabashedly ignoring my husband. And then it was over...

I'm not sure what I was expecting. I finished reading an incredible story and I was...sad. Even though there was a happy ending (relatively speaking), I mourned after the fact. There's no more speculations and theories to share. No longer can we have heated debates over dinner about what the last Horcrux is. It's just...over. The end of a story. Life goes on...

1 comment:

DoBoy said...

I just read this post and thought about how profound and effect a children's book can have on a entire world. Whether liked or not, the stories have provoked many conversations over the years.

I felt the same way after reading Agatha Christie's series on Hercule Poirot. When I read his last detective novel, Curtain, it was the end of an era for me, like the absence of Harry Potter for you.